Sunday 12 January 2014

Starting Out


So, here it is the beginning of a new year and I have decided to bite the bullet and start blogging. This will take some getting used to as I figure my way around, and how to do things.


Today I start my art quilt journal. This is where I will put my ideas, thoughts, desires, wants, successes and failures. I have a paper journal that I will keep with ideas that I can quickly jot down but this is where I will keep photos of my progress and things I want to accomplish.


There is an artist inside, I can feel her crying to get out, but she’s a little afraid of the big old world. I picture a small little fairy/sprite type creature peeking around a doorway into a huge forest, that’s kind of how it feels, scary to take the step, not sure of what she’ll find, but excited to go, yet hanging back wanting a map, a knapsack, all the things she is going to need to succeed on this journey, but she really doesn’t have a clue as to how this journey is going to proceed much less end.








I’ve been researching different artists, and techniques, been frustrated with my first attempts at painting fabric but wanting to try again. My first attempt at the leaf placemats turned into a disaster, sorry Helen, they were meant for you. I started again!
 
 I have watched numerous DVD’s, read blogs, watched YouTube videos, it’s time to get at it. Please Lord, keep DH out of my hair for a few hours!! Oh well, maybe tomorrow as I am now on vacay for a week!!
 



laura

No comments:

Post a Comment